Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Maam








Yes! Today was my Birthday and although I don't want to have anymore birthday's I have to say today was a really nice day.
I'm blessed beyond words for all the friends and family I have surrounding me in my life. I thought often today..."Thank you GOD for all you've given me."

Here are some pictures of my birthday dinner at Cheesecake Factory. This was a last minute decision to have dinner tonight...I'd originally asked if the family could get together later this weekend like on Sunday because earlier today I just wanted to relax at home and DO NOTHING! Well we all know how that goes,...we are always on the go. Also last night Nick and I got to sneak away to stay in a nice plush hotel after he took me to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Thank you honey for a nice time. So, I was a little tired and like I said, I wasn't planning on doing much today on my "real" birthday.
I'm home now just after dinner with the family and wanted to post these pictures and post a note of what a nice day I had. I did feel old "-er" today. I had a nice day but couldn't help feel a little sad that I'm officially now in my late 30's. UGH! Forty is just around the corner!!! OK, OK I have to stop thinking bad and scary thoughts. I looked in the mirror and couldn't help but notice several more wrinkles than usual this morning. UGH! And why is it all of a sudden EVERY guy or person lately is calling me Ma'am! "Yes Ma'am", this and "Yes Ma'am" that I used to think this was polite but for some reason now I'm a little annoyed by it. I wonder..,do I look like I'm a Ma'am? Do I look older than my age or is calling me "Ma'am" is what I should expect from here on out? What happened to "MISS"?! or "Young lady" Or I'll be honest...I miss being called "Darlin'" (just a little bit). I know its a Texas thing...and only in college did I hear that. Oh Well...
I have to think good positive thoughts..(as Nick would tell me)...so I'm headed off to bed now trying to think of nice pretty thoughts. Hope you enjoyed the pictures from tonight...my favorite is the first one I posted. Finally,... one picture of the girls and I all looking at the camera! From left to right...Katelyn, Me, Sydnee and Lexi. Thanks Nick for taking it.
OK some more positive thoughts...
I get to extend my b-day out a little till the end of the week! As you see, Damon was not in any pictures. Damon was unable to come tonight because of work so he asked if he could take the girls and I to lunch on Friday at his Country Club. (OOOHHH fancy!) Katelyn was so excited while talking with Damon on the phone today in the car she said...,

"Hey Damon,..after lunch on Friday, maybe we all could play a little game of golf too?! I'll bring my clubs. What do you say?"
Too Funny! I could tell Damon was a little surprised by her request he responded by saying..."Well, I'll sure check to see if there is a tee time for us that day and I'll let you know...(sarcastically)...don't forget to bring your sticks OK!"

Katelyn I guess has yet to learn that her mom cannot hit a golf ball what-so-ever!
I don't even own clubs!
However, I'm glad she has showed some real interest in playing golf though. Maybe I'll be driving a golf cart around one day while watching the all the girls play soon?
(dreaming of being in a professional tournament...I'd hear..."here comes the Smith sisters...will they clinch the title again and make LPGA golf history??? We'll just have to wait and see how they handle the back nine.)

Wouldn't that be a change!? Hey! That's another good thought! How fun would that be??
Instead of me just being there chauffeur back and forth to cheer practices all day in the car!(must stay positive)
OK,... so that's a nice thought to end on don't ya think?? A little golf dream. Plus I'm tired and I keep making typo mistakes!

Happy birthday to me...let's make it a great year ahead!! Good night!

No comments: